You may also like to read:

You may also enjoy reading about the family stories in my novels and short stories at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Kansas Flint Hills Memories: A Five Year Memoir

Above is the working title of a book I would like to finish before I retire, and move away from the Kansas Flint Hills... though only 300 miles. It would look back at the progress we have made since July 2004 in promoting the Kansas Flint Hills as an international tourism destination.

I have taken photos of the Flint Hills, from border to border, nearly every month over the last five years and have met some wonderful people. I did thirteen oral history interviews with Flint Hills ranchers. We were along for the ride as the Flint Hills Tourism Coalition moved from a loose group of representatives of a number of counties to a 22-county non-profit with a full time executive director - quite a journey; with much more to come!

Does this interest you? I'd love to hear from you!

Happy reading! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment