You may also like to read:

You may also enjoy reading about the family stories in my novels and short stories at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Monday, February 1, 2010

Book Review - Abraham Lincoln's World

My review of: Abraham Lincoln's World: How Riverboats, Railroads and Republicans Transformed America… by Thomas Crump

A bit ploddy, and full of stats, but a very job of doing what he said his intent was: tell about the world of Abraham Lincoln from his birth to the Civil War. He really did this well, in terms of demographics, politics and the social environment. I got out of it what I hoped to. Guess that is a pretty good result. This is the very same time period as the lives of a set of my third great grandparents, whom I may wish to write about in the future. Crump provides a great reference to use, should I follow through on that desire.

Note: This review originally published on LibraryThing.com:  http://www.librarything.com/

Happy Reading! ;-)

Dr. Bill
http://stores.lulu.com/drbillshare

No comments:

Post a Comment