You may also like to read:

You may also enjoy reading about the family stories in my novels and short stories at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Have you considered writing a memoir?

Have you considered writing a memoir?

Blog posts or articles that discuss 'writing a memoir' tend to catch my attention. Having led a long life, already, I suppose I'd like to believe there are some of my stories that would make a decent memoir... certainly not a life story, but a memoir.

What makes a good memoir?

From his post of that title on his blog: 'Family History & Memoirs' Biff Barnes says:

"Values, honesty, intimacy and discovery – not a bad list of goals to strive for in writing your memoir."
Biff Barnes


What do you think?

Happy Reading! 

Dr. Bill  ;-)

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about this for sometime. I've heard that Frank McCourt's Angela's Ashes is a good book to read to get the feel for writing a memoir.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dr. Bill! I'll look forward to following the Book Bazaar.
    Ann,we use passages from Angela's Ashes in our memoir writing classes. It's an excellent starting point. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biff, thanks for the comment. I've been enjoying your recent series of posts. ;-)

    ReplyDelete