You may also like to read:

You may also enjoy reading about the family stories in my novels and short stories at The Homeplace Series blog. You can sign up for e-mail reminders.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tinseltown Riff - Book Review


Book Review
Tinseltown Riff
by Shelly Frome

I am pleased to be the second stop on this Virtual Author Book Tour - Thanks for stopping by! ;-)


Publisher: Sunbury Press (March 2013)

Category: Hollywood Crime Caper, Action/Adventure, Thriller
ISBN-13: 978-1620062050
Available in: Print and ebook, 239 Pages

About the Book:

Tinseltown Riff centers on Ben Prine, a thirty-something Hollywood screenwriter who, on a Labor Day weekend, finds himself in desperate straits. Latching on to a dubious last-minute opportunity, he unwittingly embarks on a collision course with a Montana tracker connected with a Vegas mob; an odyssey which culminates in a showdown on an abandoned Western movie set.



About Shelly Frome:

Shelly Frome is a member of Mystery Writers of America, a professor of dramatic arts emeritus at the University of Connecticut, a former professional actor, a writer of mysteries, books on theater and film, and articles on the performing arts appearing in a number of periodicals in the U.S. and the U.K. He is also a film critic and a contributor to writers’ blogs.

His fiction includes Lilac Moon, Sun Dance for Andy Horn, the trans-Atlantic cozy The Twinning Murders and Twilight of the Drifter, a southern gothic crime-and-blues odyssey. Among his works of non-fiction are the acclaimed The Actors Studio and texts on the art and craft of screenwriting and writing for the stage. Tinseltown Riff, his latest novel, is both a social commentary and a Hollywood crime caper.

Shelly Frome’s Website: www.shellyfrome.com

Shelly Frome Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/shellyfrome

Shelly Frome Twitter: https://twitter.com/shellyFrome


My comments: Tinseltown Riff is a special read. I really enjoy a book that reads like I am watching a movie. I appreciate the multiple, distinctive characters that I learn to love, hate, or simply wonder about. This is the first Shelly Frome novel for me, so it was a special treat. He has a very unique writing style that I assume most readers will enjoy.

I wanted to read this book to get a sense of behind the scenes Hollywood, and I was not disappointed. His attention to the detail of the environment and the physical world of the characters really brings it alive and puts the reader right into this world with the characters. What fun!

Happy Reading!

Dr. Bill  ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in the tour. I'm glad you enjoyed Tinseltown Riff so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pleased to be a part of this tour. Thanks! Best wishes! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I was reading, I thought his background may lead to some behind the scenes type of action! Looks like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete